The brakes are one of the most important parts of your vehicle so any signs that there may be a problem need to be looked at as soon as possible. Especially if you regularly drive on roads that are hilly, we recommend that you have your brakes checked every few months. Driving with worn out brake pads can have very dangerous consequences.
Every vehicle is different, so it is very important to know your vehicle and what pressure and time you need to stop and the distance. If your brake pads are wearing thin, the time and distance of when you need to start braking can be greatly affected.
Here are some of the signs to watch out for that may indicate that you need a brake change:
- When you go to brake and you hear a noise like a screeching, squealing or grinding. Chances are that your brake pads are wearing thin and need to be replaced before further damage is done to your existing rotors.
- When you feel a vibration or pulsation in the steering wheel or the brake pedal, you should get your brakes inspected as soon as possible.
- When you find that you need to press on the brake pedal for longer or farther, this is a good sign of brake pad wear.
- When your brake warning light comes on in your car, it is a good time to schedule a brake inspection.
- When you smell a strong burning smell near your tires, you must get them inspected as soon as possible as this is not normal and requires urgent attention.
Visit the QuickStop Brake and Clutch Centre or call us on (08) 9345 4722 to schedule your free brake and clutch check today!